Wednesday, January 8, 2014

1/8/14

Mom I am having the time of my life here. I just feel at home here in Brazil. I miss you guys like crazy and miss home but this is just where I'm supposed to be and I am loving just about every second of it. The food is super different. We eats more rice and beans than I've ever seen and the fruit is to die for. We also eat some pretty weird stuff too. Like yesterday they made this ribs thing,... It was pretty bad. All kinds of fat on it and gamy. But other than that everything is awesome. The language is slow but its amazing how much I can understand just after five days. Spanish is helping a ton its very similar. We taught a lesson our second day. It was super crazy, nerve racking. But we got through it and it was actually pretty good. Speaking it is so cool and my brazilian roommates get on to me when I switch to Spanish to mess with them or if I just accidently switch. But all is so good here. I am so excited about what's to come!! Its going to hard. We watched a talk given by Elder Holland at the Provo MTC. He talks about if it was hard for the Lord why would it ever be easy for us, the missionaries. It was a very humbling talk and so spiritual. I haven't cried this much in forever. and its a good cry. My district is so close and we just are a big family. We had testimony meeting yesterday after Devotional and we all pretty much just cried. It was amazing!!! I love you and hope that my emails are long enough for you and have just enough. By momma, I love you.

Um I don't think I really need anything right now. We are about to go out into Sao Paulo. But my brazilian roommates are really helping us out a ton with the language. And yes it is so hot here!!

The brasilians think its really cool that I got to come straight to the MTC here,  but some of the other elders from America are pretty jealous.

I went to the temple today!! Mas falo un poco portuges e os mais dificil. But i speak a little portuguese but its very hard. I have to go now - But I love you So much mom!!!

2 comments:

  1. He sounds wonderful!!! So proud of him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me cry just "hearing" his voice as I read his email.

    ReplyDelete