Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Week 16


 
 Rex Chapman (rex.chapman@myldsmail.net) You moved this message to its current location.
Sent: Mon 4/21/14 8:54 AM
To: Darlene Chapman (darchapman@hotmail.com)

Hey Momma!!!

Its been a really good week. I feel like we got a lot done!! 

They do live and breathe futbol down here. Generally the first question they ask after where are you from is what is your team. Here in São Paulo there are 3 major teams. The São Paulo, Corinthians, and the Palmeiras. Depending on who I talk to I´m a Corinthiano. I love they´re symbol. But The Palmeiras have a sick color. Not too imprtant. But anyway.

This Saturday we were supposed to have a baptism. But he flaked out and has been avoiding us for the past few days. We finally found him yesterday night. We stopped trying to find him but he just kind of showed up. So we talked with him really quick. He said he found another church and he was just curious about the Church. I told him you don´t go to and then ask to be baptized and ask what kind of clothes you need to wear if you´re just curious. But its your choice choi!! 

So that was pretty discouraging. But that´s just the thing about agency. The good and the bad thing sometimes... Its just frustrating but here in Grajaú there are tons of people to find and lots of opportunitities to teach!!!

Sounds like a pretty good week to me up there. Wish I could be helping Dad out with the yard. 

I know the food at that restaurant was good but nothing beats authentic. Not to boast. But anyway

Yeah me and Elder Oliveira are still getting along really well. This will probably be one of the last weeks with him.

But I really hope for a transfer this next week. Elder Severiche is driving me nuts. He has no concept of respect. For just about anything. But I´m really trying to be better about that kinda stuff.

Let me know what else you want to know.
 
Yea with the world cup coming up pretty soon things are goingto get really crazy!!
 
I dont know if we will be able to go out and proselyte during it. The Brazilians get pretty riled up about futbol. So we´ll just have to wait and see. 
 
So you know we live with members and the bishop. Well of the the sisters we live with came and gave each of us a Giant easter egg. Here those are pretty expensive. I just felt so loved. She is pretty awesome.sunday was really good. /Another investigator came. But I dont how much longer we will teach him. The entire time through church he just wanted to leave. Also at church they gave us some small chicilate eggs. And he ate mine and all the ones he got. So he´s a punk. But no he´s just 15 so...

But I feel good today and this past week was a better week too

Love you mom
 

No comments:

Post a Comment