Monday, July 7, 2014

Week 20



From: Rex Chapman (rex.chapman@myldsmail.net) You moved this message to its current location.
Sent: Mon 5/19/14 9:29 AM
To: Darlene Chapman (darchapman@hotmail.com)

Para bems para você!!! Esta data na vida!!! Muito felicidade muitos anos que vida!!
(Thats happy birthday in Portuguese!! it makes a lot more sense here!!) Congratulations for you. This day of life a lot of happiness and a lot more years!!

Hey momma it sounds like you all have had a super awesome week!!! 'Im so jealous of the hot dogs and brauts!!

But this week has been really good for us here in Ita 1!!! We have been working really hard everyday to try to make up for last week. Things are still going great with all of us for the most part. Elder Castro is still trying to adjust to having to do everything. He only has another month on me. So he´s still pretty green and he's the district leader. So he's got a lot to do and I don't know if he is handling it all that well. But I'm not in charge and am trying to help as best as I can. One thing that is bothering me about that companionship - he´ll tell someone something without knowing beforehand if its right, Like the other day he is marking all these lessons we are doing and I'm not remembering any of them. So I asked him about it and he was like I don't know. I was like dude we cant do that!! Numbers don't matter!!! Yeah having a lot of numbers is nice but we need to be honest and have names to support the numbers. And then today every morning before we email ya'll we email the office to report our numbers and he was marking down 5 people and only giving 2 names. I was like elder what are you doing?? He was like doing the report. I said then do it right. He got mad at me but I'm doing this stuff right.

Other than that little stuff the companionship is awesome and is going smooth. We are working great with our members and I am in love with them. They take such good care of us. My best friend is a recent convert André. He is such an awesome guy. We pass by his house everyday before we get to our area and he always pokes his head out the window and asks if we need some food or something!! He is awesome!! He is the same guy we Skyped with.

But the best part about the week was yesterday!!! We had 4 investigators come to church and 1 new one too!! But the bestest part was last night!!! President Pinho came to the stake center in Embu to talk to the stake and then the Stake President talked after him!! It was so awesome!! President Masius called the entire stake to repentance and work better with the missionaries!! Holy Cow!!! It was outstanding!! One of the best experiences of my mission thus far!!

But all is well today!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment